An 86-year-old marvel designed by Scottish architect Bernard P Gaymer, built to ease weight off the adjacent Watson Memorial chapel. The year was 1898 when Thomas Watson arrived and settled in Thogoto. It is a Presbyterian denomination headquartered in kikuyu Kenya.
When the mission was handed over to the Church of Scotland, God continued to use it for the building up of a company of believers among the Kikuyu people through the work of its stations at Kikuyu and Tumutumu (1908)
In 1920, by the authority of the General Assembly of the church of Scotland of 1918, a form of Church government was set up and inaugurated by Very Reverend J.N. Ogilvie, Elders ordained, Parish Sessions formed for the Congregations of Kikuyu, Tumutumu and St. Andrew’s, Nairobi and the Presbytery of British East Africa instituted, to exercise jurisdiction over these Congregations. In the same year (1920) ordination of the first native elders took place in Kikuyu. It is not until 1926 when the ordination of the First African Pastors took place namely, the Rev. Musa Gitau, the Rev. Benjamin Githieya and the Rev. Joshua Matenjwa, at Kikuyu.
The church has sponsored the establishment of various educational institutions for example the Presbyterian University of East Africa and Musa Gitau Secondary School among others. All these facilities are in an attempt to improve the status of the society and development of the community.
Currently the P.C.E.A Thogoto parish Minister is Rev Zakayo Muiruri Kiongo.He is assisted by the Elders who head the Kirk Session. There is also the Clerk and the treasurer
PO BOX 0000-00100
Tel +254 722 849 260